Looking for PD for yourself?
Providing PD for others?
Our Professional Learning section has something for everyone, including teachers, coaches, trainers, researchers or evaluators, and school leaders. We also offer online courses each month through our iTeach program. Get started with TIM Professional Learning.
Want to improve tech integration?
Looking for next steps?
The Technology Integration Matrix (TIM) provides a framework for describing and targeting the use of technology to enhance learning. Videos from the Matrix are also available arranged by subject area or by grade level. This section includes background information on the development of the TIM.
Determining PD needs?
Evaluating technology effectiveness?
Our TIM Tools evaluation suite includes a tech uses and perceptions survey, an observation instrument, coaching and action research tools, and a survey maker all managed by one admin center. Discover how others are using TIM Tools and how to get started yourself. See what our evaluation tools have to offer.
Still have questions about TIM?
Or questions about TIM Tools?
The Frequently Asked Questions page has sections of answers about the TIM and each of the TIM Tools (TUPS, TIM-O, TIM-C, ARTI, the Survey Tool, and the Admin Center).
The TIM Tools Administration Guide provides complete instructions for using and administering each of the tools within the TIM Tools suite.
Our Teaching and Learning with Technology blog also considers frequently asked questions.
New to the TIM website?
Want to find what applies to you?
We’ve created short introductions to the TIM and TIM website from various perspectives. You may wish to start out by selecting your role or reason for visiting:
• TIM in the Classroom
• TIM for Staff Development
• Tech Coaching and the TIM
• TIM for Educational Leaders
• TIM for Research & Evaluation
Prefer having TIM news delivered to your mailbox?
Each month FCIT publishes a newsletter with short articles on teaching and learning with technology, using digital content in the classroom, and professional development for technology integration. Recent TIM topics include:
- ISTE Standards and the TIM
- Extensity: A Teacher’s Highest Integration Level
- Highest Levels Observed
- #COACHBETTER Spotlight
- TIM Tools Application Programming Interface
- Ultimate Teaching Device
- Using the TIM-C Coaching Tool
- Choosing Models and Modeling Choices
- TIM-Powered Research and Evaluation
- Admin Guide at Your Service
- “C” is for Coaching: Introducing the TIM-C
- Collaborative Learning: Building Knowledge in Community
- Check out our updated TIM Research page!
- The Invisible Technology Integration Matrix
- When Old Tech Is Better
- 3 Things To Look for in Any Classroom Observation Protocol
- Active Learning: Engaging Students’ Minds
- Leveraging TIM Tools Roles for Research and Evaluation
- Nail Your Next Tech PD with the Quadrant Graph
Subscribe today! The subscription form will open in a new window. When you have subscribed, you can close the new window to return to this page.
Follow TIM on Pinterest or other social media:
Looking for the latest TIM news?
Interested in TIM Tools updates?
Our blog features short posts related to the Technology Integration Matrix and TIM Tools. New this month:
Dr. Winkelman uses a satirical press release to introduce the Ultimate Teaching Device for any classroom.
Do you have an interesting story about how TIM is being used in your classroom, school, or district? You can submit your story for consideration as content for our blog or the TIM website. We are interested in classroom changes, successes, tips, implementation strategies, or anything else that other teachers and administrators will find valuable. Thank you!