TIM for Staff Development
If you are responsible for staff development for groups large or small, the TIM provides a common vocabulary for technology integration that focuses attention where it belongs — on teaching and learning. Too often, technology in the classroom becomes the tail wagging the dog. TIM emphasizes the pedagogical approach taken, not the devices used.
- Use the TUPS to gather information about teachers’ current use of technology tools in their teaching, as well as their perceptions of and attitudes toward various technologies, and their desired professional development opportunities.
- Show your staff introductory videos about the TIM.
- Present premade TIM presentations in your staff development.
- Build your own presentation using our collection of helpful graphics and other resources.
- Use example videos from the Matrix and from the practice video collection as discussion-starters in staff development.
- Analyze TIM-O data to determine professional development needs
- Enroll staff in iTeach Professional Learning courses.