Authentic Learning | Infusion Level | Math
- In the completion of this project, students demonstrate marketing skills as well as learn/understand the importance of:
- Communication skills-the ability to exchange information and ideas with others through writing, speaking, reading or listening
- Analytical skills-the ability to derive facts from data, findings from facts, conclusions from findings and recommendations from conclusions
- Critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Production skills-the ability to take a concept from an idea and make it real
- Teamwork-the ability to be an effective member of a productive group
- Priorities/time management-the ability to determine priorities and manage time commitments and deadlines
- Identify of competitive conditions within a market area.
- In this project students select a business in which to base their research. Each year the topic changes. This year the topic is customer service offerings of the business.
- Students will research the background of a business and community.
- Students will conduct a survey that will evaluate the customer service offerings of the chosen business as well as the customer service offerings of the chosen business's competitors.
- Then students analyze the customer preference research data. Based on the analysis and comparison of the research, they identify proposed customer service offerings for the chosen business.
- Students complete the project by developing a promotional campaign for the customer service offerings that includes goals/objectives and rationale of the promotion.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Evaluate technology-based options, including distance and distributed education for lifelong learning.
- Investigate and apply expert systems, intelligent agents, and simulation in real-world applications.
- Collaborate with peers, experts, and others to contribute to a content-related knowledge base by using technology to compile, synthesize, produce, and disseminate information, models, and other creative works.
- Project guidelines (as provided by National DECA in the DECA Guide)
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
Grade Level: 9-12