Constructive Learning | Adoption Level | Science
Students will be able to:
- Read a piece of literature on clouds with assistance
- Read the science textbook for foundational information on the earth's atmosphere
- Discuss atmospheric changes
- Discuss clouds by cloud type and associated weather conditions
- Diagram information on clouds using graphic organizers
- The students will read the science textbook with the teacher's assistance to gain basic understanding on the topic: clouds, weather, and atmospheric conditions.
- Students will read The Cloud Book, by Tomie de Paola.
- Students will work individually on laptops with Kidspiration software to develop a map on clouds identifying atmospheric conditions, color and type, and what type of weather each indicates.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use a variety of media and technology resources for directed and independent learning activities. (1, 3)
- Use developmentally appropriate multimedia resources (e.g., interactive books, educational software, elementary multimedia encyclopedias) to support learning. (1)
- Use technology resources (e.g., puzzles, logical thinking programs, writing tools, digital cameras, drawing tools) for problem solving, communication, and illustration of thoughts, ideas, and stories. (3, 4, 5, 6)
- Laptops with Kid Spiration software available from Inspiration, The Cloud Book, by Tomie de Paola