1. TIM Tools Admin Center
The Admin Center provides for management of the TIM Tools suite of applications.
- Admin Center Access
- Admin Center Dashboard
- Managing Zones (for Districts)
- Managing Zones (for Regional Service Agencies)
- Managing Zones (for Education Ministries, Consultants, Grantors, and Others)
- Managing Schools
- Uploading and Updating Members
- Profile Screen
- Changing Passwords
- Defining Roles (for Districts)
- Defining Roles (for School Licensees)
- Defining Roles (for Education Ministries, RSAs, Consultants, Grantors, and Others)
Working with Data
- Participation Overview
- Downloading ARTI Data
- Downloading TIM-LP Data
- Downloading TIM-C Data
- Downloading TIM-O Data
- Downloading TIM-R Data
- Downloading TUPS Data
The Technology Uses and Perceptions Survey provides essential information for planning technology infrastructure and support and identifying the perceptions and PD needs of teachers.
- TUPS Intro
- Opening and Closing the TUPS
- TUPS Intro and Closing Text
- Customizing TUPS Sections and Items
- Accessing School or District TUPS Data
- TUPS Report Template
3. TIM-O / TIM-LP / TIM-R
These three tools are for classroom observation, lesson plan review, and teacher reflection.
- TIM-O: Beginning an Observation
- TIM-O: Question-Based Method
- TIM-O: Matrix-Based Method
- TIM-O: Finishing an Observation
- TIM-O: Print or Share an Observation with a Teacher
- TIM-O: Editing Previous Observations
- TIM-O Report Templates
- Accessing School or District TIM-O Data
The TIM-C allows a coach and client to document the goals, activities, progress, and outcomes of a coaching cycle.
The ARTI tool provides a framework for teachers to design and conduct their own action research projects.
6. Report Tool
The Report Tool allows a school or district to create TIM-LP, TIM-O, TIM-R, or TUPS reports.
- Report Tool Intro
- Building a New Report
- View, Edit, or Delete Reports
- Interpreting TIM-O Report Data
7. Survey Tool
The Survey Tool allows a school or district to create internal or external surveys on new topics as needed.
- Survey Tool Intro
- Creating a New Internal Survey
- Creating a New Public Survey
- Adding Questions to Your Survey
- Customizing a Library Survey
- Viewing Survey Results
Have a question?
Email us at TIM@fcit.us anytime. We want to help you get the most out of your TIM Tools account!
TIM Tools 6.2 Administration Guide
Downloading ARTI Data and/or Viewing Individual ARTI Projects
All members have ongoing access to both the published and unpublished proposals they have created themselves using the ARTI tool available on the main menu.
Members with roles that have “ARTI: View and download data” enabled, will be able to access published ARTI projects at their own administrative level using the Admin Center. That is, school leaders will be able to access all published ARTI projects created at their assigned school, zone leaders will be able to access all published ARTI projects created at their assigned zone, and district leaders will be able to access all published ARTI projects from across the district.
1. Begin by selecting the ARTI tab in the Admin Center. You will see the following window:
Figure 1. Opening ARTI screen. No values have been selected by the user, however the Start Date and End Date have been automatically populated indicating the range of existing data.
2. Next select your target location(s) from the Schools dropdown menu.
Users with district-level ARTI data access will be able to select all schools in the district or any particular school. Users with zone-level ARTI data access will be able to select all schools in the zone or any particular school within the zone. The school will be pre-selected for users with school-level ARTI data access.
To select more than one location, control-click using Windows or command-click using Mac.
Figure 2. Selecting one school from the Schools dropdown menu. This is the view a district leader would see.
3. Then select the target role(s) you wish to include.
The default setting is to include Teacher projects only. You can change this setting to include whatever combination of roles you would like. As above, control-click (command-click on a Mac) to select more than one role.
Figure 3. This user has scrolled down to the bottom of the Roles list and selected “All Roles.”
4. Next select the Start Date and End Date. If you leave the default dates unchanged, you will receive a download of every ARTI proposal. You can change both the Start Date and End Date to narrow the range if desired. Click the Calendar Icon to change the date.
Figure 4. Opening the calendar to set a Start Date.
5. To navigate within the calendar, click the month heading to select a different month within the same year. Click the year heading to select a different year. Make the necessary selections for the date and year you want as the Start Date. Do the same to set the End Date.
6. When your date range is set you can either:
• Click the Download Raw Data button to receive a spreadsheet of all ARTI data from the selected location and date range.
• Click the View Individual Proposals button to display a menu of proposal titles from the selected location and date range. From the menu click the View Proposal button for a particular proposal to have it open in a new window.
Figure 6. List of proposals displayed when the View Individual Proposals button was clicked.