1. TIM Tools Admin Center
The Admin Center provides for management of the TIM Tools suite of applications.
- Admin Center Access
- Admin Center Dashboard
- Managing Zones (for Districts)
- Managing Zones (for Regional Service Agencies)
- Managing Zones (for Education Ministries, Consultants, Grantors, and Others)
- Managing Schools
- Uploading and Updating Members
- Profile Screen
- Changing Passwords
- Defining Roles (for Districts)
- Defining Roles (for School Licensees)
- Defining Roles (for Education Ministries, RSAs, Consultants, Grantors, and Others)
Working with Data
- Participation Overview
- Downloading ARTI Data
- Downloading TIM-LP Data
- Downloading TIM-C Data
- Downloading TIM-O Data
- Downloading TIM-R Data
- Downloading TUPS Data
- Using TUPS, TIM-O, TIM-R, and TIM-LP Templates
The Technology Uses and Perceptions Survey provides essential information for planning technology infrastructure and support and identifying the perceptions and PD needs of teachers.
- TUPS Intro
- Collection Frameworks
- TUPS Intro and Closing Text
- Customizing TUPS Sections and Items
- Accessing School or District TUPS Data
- TUPS Report Template
3. TIM-O / TIM-LP / TIM-R
These three tools are for classroom observation, lesson plan review, and teacher reflection.
- TIM-O: Beginning an Observation
- TIM-O: Question-Based Method
- TIM-O: Matrix-Based Method
- TIM-O: Finishing an Observation
- TIM-O: Print or Share an Observation with a Teacher
- TIM-O: Editing Previous Observations
- TIM-O Report Templates
- Accessing School or District TIM-O Data
The TIM-C allows a coach and client to document the goals, activities, progress, and outcomes of a coaching cycle.
The ARTI tool provides a framework for teachers to design and conduct their own action research projects.
6. Report Tool
The Report Tool allows a school or district to create TIM-LP, TIM-O, TIM-R, or TUPS reports.
- Report Tool Intro
- Building a New Report
- View, Edit, or Delete Reports
- Interpreting TIM-O Report Data
7. Survey Tool
The Survey Tool allows a school or district to create internal or external surveys on new topics as needed.
- Survey Tool Intro
- Creating a New Internal Survey
- Creating a New Public Survey
- Adding Questions to Your Survey
- Customizing a Library Survey
- Viewing Survey Results
Have a question?
Email us at TIM@fcit.us anytime. We want to help you get the most out of your TIM Tools account!
TIM Tools 7.0 Administration Guide
Using TUPS, TIM-O, TIM-R, and TIM-LP Templates
1. Download (and Save) Your Raw Data
Go to the Admin Center within TIM Tools and select the specific tool you want the data for. Each download area provides options for setting parameters if you don’t want to download the entire data set. For example, the TUPS downloader allows a choice of all surveys or only submitted surveys, frameworks, schools, roles, date range, and whether you want the data anonymized. Once you’ve made your choices, just click the Download button and save the Excel file in a convenient location. (Click adjacent image to expand.)
2. Download (and Open) the Related Template
Go to the Report Templates page. Click the button for the type of template you want. Download and open the template. (Click adjacent image to expand.)
3. Import Your Data into the Template
When you opened the template in step 2, you probably noticed that it was already populated with some sample data for illustrative purposes. To switch to your own data, click the “CHANGE DATA SOURCE” button. This will take you to a sheet from which you can select the file you downloaded and saved in step 1. Your raw data will be imported into the template, replacing the sample data. If you are importing many thousands of records, this may take a moment to process. When it’s finished, the template will now display your own data. (Click adjacent image to expand.)