Active Learning | Adoption Level | Science
- Students will write a report on an animal using word-processing software and electronic encyclopedia.
- Write a research report on an animal from one of the major biomes.
- Students research online their particular animal, using Grolier Online Encyclopedia.
- Have students take notes on notecards from online research.
- Students write report including MLA style bibliography.
- Go over spell check feature of Microsoft Word and other features that might be helpful to the students when they type up their report.
- Have students read their reports out loud to class.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Using keyboards and other common input and output devices (including adaptive devices when necessary) effiently and effectively.
- Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, Web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom.
Grade Level: 4th