Active Learning | Entry Level | Language Arts
- Increase typing speed
- Increase spelling accuracy
- Become more familiar and competent in using the keyboard
- Students complete the lesson using individual desktop computers with headsets.
- Students use the TyperShark software that was downloaded on the desktops.
- Students type words on the sides of sharks to zap them as they swim across the screen.
- The program assists students with typing speed and spelling accuracy.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use keyboards and other common input and output devices (including adaptive devices when necessary) efficiently and effectively.
- Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities.
- Desktop computers
- TyperShark software, free download available from PopCap Games TyperShark