Constructive Learning | Infusion Level | Science
- Discuss the life cycle of ducks (eggs hatching)
- Research similarities and differences between ducks and humans using WebQuest
- Compare and contrast ducks and humans
- Identify literature that uses personification
- Use the writing process to write their own story on the topic
- Students are guided through a WebQuest by the teacher to explore characteristics of ducks and humans using a laptop computer and LCD projector.
- The students discuss what ducks can do and what humans can do.
- To illustrate personification of animals, the story, Giggle, Giggle Quack by Doreen Cronin is read.
- The students work on individual desktops using Inspiration software to create a double bubble map, type of Venn Diagram to characterize humans and ducks.
- Then, students create their own stories with personification using Power Point software.
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use keyboards and other common input and output devices (including adaptive devices when necessary) efficiently and effectively. (1)
- Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, Web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom. (3, 4)
Grade Level: 3-5