Authentic Learning | Entry Level | Social Studies
- Students will be able to identify the stages and categories of storm development.
- Students will understand the factors that lead to the development of a hurricane.
- Students will practice latitude and longitude by plotting different hurricanes on a map.
- Students will determine the effects of a hurricane on the Florida's physical environment and predict effects to industries.
- Students will explore various websites on hurricanes such as Hurricane Strike!
- Students will then plot the paths of different hurricanes on the Active Board.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Apply productivity/multimedia tools and peripherals to support personal productivity, group collaboration, and learning throughout the curriculum.
- Select and use appropriate tools and technology resources to accomplish a variety of tasks and solve problems.
- Active Board
- Computers with internet access
Grade Level: 6-8