Collaborative Learning | Adaptation Level | Language Arts
- Read and understand poetry as a literary form
- Research specific poems to develop an understanding of the meaning
- Research specific poets
- Develop a lesson on a specific poet and poem
- Teach the poem and provide background information to the class through an iMovie
- Students use individual laptops with internet access to research poets and their poems.
- Students are encouraged to correspond with the authors to get a better understanding of the poem.
- Once the research is complete, students are to compile all of their information into an iMovie illustrating the meaning of the poem.
- Finally, students present their products to the class.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use technology tools and resources for managing and communicating personal/professional information (e.g., finances, schedules, addresses, purchases, correspondence).
- Routinely and efficiently use online information resources to meet needs for collaboration, research, publications, communications, and productivity.
- Collaborate with peers, experts, and others to contribute to a content-related knowledge base by using technology to compile, synthesize, produce, and disseminate information, models, and other creative works.
- Individual laptop computers
- Internet access
- iMovie software
- LCD projector
Grade Level: 9-12