Goal Directed Learning | Entry Level | Science
- Students will find and identify simple machines.
- Students will build a simple machine.
- Students will be able to recognize that forces of gravity, magnetism, and electricity operate simple machines.
- First, ask students to name some simple machines.
- Next, hold up some examples and non-examples of simple machines and ask students to identify which ones are the machines.
- Then, have students work collaboratively to make simple machines using Lego kits.
- After the groups finish their simple machines, they may then work individually at the computers on the Edhead's Simple Machine website
- As student responds to prompts, the computer program indicates whether their response is correct or not and keeps score.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use keyboards and other common input and output devices (including adaptive devices when necessary) efficiently and effectively.
- Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities.
- Internet access