Active Learning | Infusion Level | Math
- Students will record measurements of real world data.
- Students will use data to evaluate environmental conditions.
- Students will complete standard calculations and conversions using collected data.
- Prior to this lesson, students learn about the Ph scale and several other common systems used to evaluate water and soil quality. During this experience, students choose appropriate technology tools to measure different environmental factors.
- Students use digital probes to measure water quality.
- Students use digital probes to measure pH of soil samples.
- Students use compile and analyze data.
- Students compare their data to established scales.
- Students make recommendations based on the data collected.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- 3. Research and Information Fluency: Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information.
- 4. Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making: Students use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources.
- 6. Technology Operations and Concepts: Students demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations.
- Digital Probes
- Mobile Computers
Grade Level: 6-8