Collaborative Learning | Transformation Level | Math
- Students will design, build, and launch model rockets.
- Students get in groups to form a "company" and design a rocket.
- Students bring in the materials their group will need to build their rocket.
- Students have a "budget" of $1,000,000 and must write checks to pay for the materials that they use.
- Students can go online and type in the parameters, length, weight, and thrust of their rocket. They can set the angle and wind speed and watch the simulation of their launch.
- The "company" who designs the cheapest rocket that travels the furthest wins the "grand prize" of $10,000,000!
- Computers with Internet access
Grade Level: 6-8